Doom Da Wiz is a mover hailing from the East Coast. He stays busy whether it involves making beats/producing, rhyming, directing music videos and creating his new YouTube series called ‘The Clinic’.
Let us introduce you to an ill cat that’s true to HIPHOP!
1. What city do you hail from brother? (Son Ra)
2. When did the HIPHOP bug snatch you up? Did you start off bboying, rhyming, deejaying, etc.? (Amriki Aswad)
I started off bboying I was like 11 years old. I was taking out cats that were much older than me so they started calling me lil doom. Because they said if u battled me u were meeting ur Doom. Then I got into tagging and I added the er to Doom hence Doomer…I did that for along time then came the djing and the beat making. I rhymed a lil bit but more of the beat making.
3. What was the concept in starting BCM Studios? (Amriki Aswad)
I have a degree in film/ multimedia/ audio engineering and I worked for the news for several years in Springfield and Boston and just quit my job and said I’m going to open my own production company. I have friends in the Hip Hop community and I reached out to them and that’s when I shot, directed, and edited Grand Daddy I.U’s video and from there it took off.
4. What influenced you in the field of film/video? (Amriki Aswad)
I was sitting home one day making beats and my wife at the time was going to school for nursing and my moms was going to school at the of 59 she stayed in a dorm room and everything. that got me to thinking I should go back to school but I didn’t know what for and it just dawned on me …I like making music and I love movies so I went into that direction.
5. Who are the artists you are working with whether music production or music videos? (Amriki Aswad)
I worked with
Grand Daddy I.U.
The list goes on brother
6. How did the idea of the YouTube series ‘The Clinic’ come about? (Amriki Aswad)
I wanted to do something that represents the Hip Hop Culture… And I just one day say I’m going to do a web series and let the world know that real Hip Hop is not dead and that cats can actually Rhyme.
7. How did the Facebook group ‘Boom Bap Factory’ become born? (Amriki Aswad)
The same way The Clinic did I wanted a outlet for beat makers and producers to be able to network. Show their skills. So one day I just said I’m going to make a group and I did.
8. What is the best way you or any artist can promote their music and brand? (Dejed19)
There really is no best way you can’t rely on social media, it does help but you have to put in the leg work do shows, rehearse, and just get out there…and 100% be yourself..a gimmick can only take you so far.
9. Last one……….. Where can people find you on the web and/or social media?
Doomer Henry/ Facebook
BCM Studios/ Facebook
BCM Studios/ YouTube